COME AND JOIN THE IWW CLEANERS FOR A FRIENDLY AND MUSICAL PROTEST!
Friday 25th May 4-6pm @ St George’s, University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London, SW17 0RE. Tooting Broadway tube.
Facebook Event Page: http://ow.ly/b4bqZ
We are asking for 4 simple things:
1. The London Living Wage of £8.30 p/hour, not a poverty wage of £6.08 p/hour
2. An end to threats of:
b) reduced working hours
c) reduced salaries
d) the intensification of our working day without extra pay
3. Industry standard equipment to protect us from industrial chemicals that can burn our skin
4. Recognition of our union, the IWW
Ocean Facilities Services Ltd, the corporation to which St George’s outsources its “non-clinical” services, says it has no money to pay us a Living
Wage, BUT the top director earns over £500,000 a year!
1) Talk to your friends, family, colleagues, and affiliates!
2) Sign our petition http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stgeorgesllw/
3) E-mail John Davison and Andy Irskine at Ocean and tell them to meet our demands:
jdavison [at] sgul [dot] ac [dot] uk; Andy [dot] erskine [at] oceancc [dot] com