This year’s Organising Summit will be an all day event for IWW members held on Saturday October 20th from 11am-6pm.
The venue is Victoria Hall Methodist Church, Norfolk Street, Sheffield, S1 2JB, which is just a 10 minute walk from the railway station.
There will be a number of sessions on the day including the following:
- Prevailing workforce trends / recent organising successes / organising strategy (plenary session)
- Dual carding strategy
- Couriers Network and how to organise in the gig economy
- Targeting an industry to organise – recent campaigns in warehouses and logistics
- Language, leadership and whole worker organising
- What does your school look like in the Workers’ Commonwealth?
- Prison labour and organising in UK prisons
- Strength within and strength without – communications strategy and organising
- Organising care workers
- Paid organisers – a backwards step or the logical next step forward?
- The IWW – towards an organising union!
The summit – which is planned and arranged every year by the Organising Department – is one of the major events in the IWW calendar and we’d like as many members as possible to attend and make it a big success. Your branch may be able to offer support with transport costs. Food will be provided on the day as well as accommodation for anyone who lives more than 100 miles from Sheffield and needs to stay overnight.
Finally there will be an evening social which will be a fundraiser for New Syndicalist.
If you are an IWW member and interested in attending this exciting event please register by the end of September, using this online form
We look forward to seeing you in Sheffield in October!